Looking For Game
First off, there will be no comics Friday or Monday, as I will be attending Dragon*Con over the holiday weekend. Normal updates will resume Wednesday the 4th.
Now. It’s been a few months since I last shook off WoW, and that MMO itch is creeping back up on me. Soon, I will be questing again. But the question is, which MMO?
- World of Warcraft is always there. I’ve got all the expansions. A few max level characters. Some near max level. But for once, I have no friends in the game. For once it does not have the advantage of being the game I can play with people I know.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is another game that I really enjoyed. BioWare storytelling + WoW gameplay + Star Wars setting is something I’m pretty sure I asked a genie for at some point. It’s free-to-play now, but the free-to-play restrictions make playing without a subscription really feel like being a second class player. Which I could accept if I could play as a Jawa or Ugnaught.
- Neverwinter could be nice. Content creation sounds pretty boss. It’s new, it’s free. It has playable drow though, so I’ll be wading in a sea of scimitar wielding rangers.
- Rift I know this game has big elemental invasions, but that’s about the extent of my knowledge. I have a disk copy of it they gave away at PAX East last year, and have been a little curious.
- Tera I hear Tera’s combat is pretty great. That is almost all I have heard about it.
- Guild Wars 2 is often billed by its fans as the savior of the MMO player from subscriptions and crappy F2P microtransactions. However, I don’t own it, so I would need to drop the $60 to pick it up.
- Star Trek Online lets me be a starship captain. It’s free, and I get to be captain of a starship.
- Have any other suggestions? Throw ‘em in the comments!
I’ve put up a poll over to the right. Throw it a vote, and feel free to elaborate on why your game rules and other games drool in the comments.